Practical Spanish 2
Schedule and subscribe
Scholarship student UGent
Incoming exchange student UGent
Outgoing exchange student UGent
Staff member UGent
Hours per week
Objectives and content
- Listening skills: By the end of this course, you can understand sentences that are directly related to you (family life, work, etc.).
- Speaking skills: By the end of this course, you can communicate about simple and everyday topics, using simple sentences.
- Reading skills: By the end of this course, you can read and find information in very short and simple texts. You will also be asked to read a booklet (level A2).
- Writing skills: The language structures dealt with in class will be practisedby writing short and simple texts.
- Specific grammatical items: los tiempos del pasado, el futuro y el condicional, los pronombres.
Required prior knowledge
You have already taken a Spanish course, but your knowledge is limited to the basic elements:
- You already speak some Spanish, but you can only make short sentences and your vocabulary is restricted to very general topics.
- You only understand Spanish speakers when they speak very slowly and clearly.
- When you read general texts in Spanish, many words and structues still seem unfamiliar to you.
- When you write in Spanish, you use short and simple sentences.
There is a placement test and a final test.
You either have a certificate of level A1 (Practical Spanish 1 at the UCT) or you pass an online orientation test before registering. During the first session, you will also complete an orientation test. Based on the outcome of this orientation test, you may be referred to another course because it is more suitable for you. You can only take this course if places are available.
UCT course book. You will receive this book from your language teacher in class.
- Halm e.a. (2015): Praktische grammatica Spaans, Antwerpen: Intertaal
- Mateo F. & Rojo-Sastre A.J. (2008): Bescherelle – espagnol: les verbes, Paris: Hatier
- Van Dale Miniwoordenboek Spaans – Utrecht: Van Dale
- Van Dale Pocketwoordenboek Nederlands-Spaans – Utrecht: Van Dale
- Van Dale Pocketwoordenboek Spaans-Nederlands – Utrecht: Van Dale
- Werkwoordenwijzer Spaans - nieuwe editie (2016), Antwerpen: Intertaal
If you buy one of these books at Standaard Boekhandel, Kouter 31, 9000 Gent, you will receive a discount of 10% on the official price. Make sure to mention that you take a language course at the UCT.
Are you already registered for this course? Check out our FAQ ‘What to do after my registration?’.
Schedule and subscribe
It is not yet possible to register for this course. Keep an eye on our website for new course dates