What are the benefits for course participants at the UCT?

Educational leave (official term: "Vlaams opleidingsverlof")

Vlaams opleidingsverlof is only possible in the context of a course Dutch for Speakers of Other Languages.

Child benefit

Child benefit is not possible because a course takes up a maximum of 15 hours per week.

Ghent University student card

You cannot receive a Ghent University student card.

Ghent University access card

You can apply for a Ghent University access card. With this card, you can use the student restaurants and the sport facilities at student rates.
If you want to apply for an access card, you need to complete the application form and together with your original registration form, send it to:

Directie Studentenvoorzieningen
Sint-Pietersnieuwstraat 45
9000 Gent

If you are entitled to an access card, it will be sent to your home address.

Public transportation discount

If you are younger than 26, you can apply for a certificate for a less expensive train subscription by sending us an email via uct@ugent.be.

← To the FAQ overview